Friday, August 27, 2010

Coupon class is Saturday

Coupon class is Saturday

Coupon class is Saturday

Article Content:
These days, everyone is searching for ways to save money.A special class this Saturday in Georgetown will demonstrate how to save cash every time you shop.Keri Cato, known to her followers on Facebook as “Coupon Keri” will show how she saves thousands of dollars each year while shopping at grocery, drug, department and other stores.In an interview in July, Cato — who lives in Florence — told WBTW TV 13 she began clipping coupons out of necessity when she decided to become a stay-at-home mom.“Once I saw how I was saving money, I just took it and ran,” she said.Today, Coupon Keri has more than 1,800 “friends” on her Facebook page and also writes a blog with new ways to save.“Typically what I buy I get for free or close to free,” she said in the interview. “Over the past six months I have saved over $17,000.”Meghan Truluck, organizer of the local event, said she has followed a lot of Cato’s advise and it has paid off at the cash register.For example, she said she bought more than $70 worth of items at a Myrtle Beach department store for around $30 by using coupons and taking advantage of other promotions.At a clothing store, she walked away with more than $300 worth of clothing for only $75.“I have seen people buy boxes of Eggo Waffles for thirty cents,” she said.The coupon class will take place starting at 6 p.m. Saturday at First Assembly of God located at the corner of Duke and St. James Streets. The registration fee is $10 and participants need to pre-register by logging on to Cato’s website at www.couponkeri.com.By Scott Harpersharper@gtowntimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.